Config 2022 component properties + more!
Figma announced some great updates at Config 2022 last week, particularly around auto layout and component properties. We've been working non-stop since to make Untitled UI even better than ever.
To make the most of Figma's new features, we've completely refactored the entire library. Almost every single component has been simplified and improved upon, making it the biggest update to Untitled so far. Was this a lot of work? Yes. But we're really excited about the changes Figma are making and we're already working on v2.8.
We were halfway through this update when these new features were released, so you'll also find a bunch of useful new components and expanded existing pages. We've also got another announcement further down...
What’s new in version 2.7
As we mentioned, almost every single component has been changed so we won't cover everything but here are a few points. Firstly, the entire library has been simplified and improved with the new boolean component property features, drastically reducing the number of variants without losing any of the functionality. A few highlights:
- Buttons down from 1,320 (with 25 base components) to 760
- Inputs down from 336, including new input styles to 56
- Application page headers down from 144 to 12
- Application card headers down from 96 to 16
- New command menu (⌘+K) components 🔥 —these were highly requested
- New section footer components + added to all example pages
- New tags components
- New inputs with trailing button and multi-select tags
- New simplified dropdown components + added hint text and multi-select tags
- New log in and sign up pages
- New verified tick component + added to avatar components
- Expanded library with 40+ new useful hand-drawn scribbles
- Completely refactored and simplified all button components + removed base component 🔥
- Completely refactored and simplified all input components + removed base component 🔥
- Added instance swaps across core components (buttons, inputs etc.)
- Replaced dividers throughout the entire file with new independent borders (where it makes sense)
- Drastically improved table components and layouts (no more dividers!) 🔥
- Avatar groups, page sections, page headers, and example pages simplified with new negative margin feature
- Drastically simplified core shared components (button groups, inputs etc.) taking advantage of component properties and independent borders.
- Improved "X" close button and updated every component it's used in (e.g. banners and notifications) with the new absolute positioning feature
- Added new "X" close button to modals and slideout menus
- Pagination improved and simplified with independent borders
- Refactored card and section headers with component properties
- Improved and simplified date picker components
- + Much more...